November 20, 2013
Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint. These three oils can help you with a bevvy of things in your life, both for your personal wellness, and in your home. Because all of doTERRA’s essential oils are Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade you can use them all topically and aromatically without worry, and even take many of them internally.
Below is a sampling of the 101 uses for these three oils excerpted from doTERRA Everyday.
Cooking & Food
20. Energy Boost. For a quick, refreshing energy boost, combine a couple drops each of lemon essential oil and peppermint essential oil in a glass of water and drink up. Add a lemony taste to your bottled water.
21. Zest Up Your Sugary Indulgences. There are an infinite number of ways lemon oil can add a bit of freshness to your sugary savors: Lemon frosting • Lemon meringue • Sour cream lemon pie • Lemon cakes • Lemon tart glaze • Lemon squares • Lemon cookies • Breathtaking, awe-inspiring lemonade
23. Pep Up Your Entrees. With lemon oil, there are countless ways to make the bland zippy, or the blah peppy: Roasted salmon & asparagus with lemon oil, Linguine & shrimp with lemon oil, Lemon oil drizzled over vegetables (especially broccoli), Lemon garlic shrimp … or to add a fresh kick to an already great salad.
24. Preserve What You’ve Got. Use lemon oil in a spray to keep your cut fruit fresh until serving.
Body & Mind
25. Ease Respiratory Gunkity Goop. When used with a humidifier, it’s a great way to slow wheezing, colds, cough, and other upper respiratory problems.
26. De-scratch Your Scratchy Throat. Adding a couple drops of lemon essential oil to warm water & honey can change that yucky sore throat feeling, slow a nasty cough, and douse a fever. Lemon oil fights bacteria, as well as viruses.
27. Honeylicious Hair Highlights …Chemical Free. Skip the expensive salon highlight treatment, and use lemon oil to create your own hair highlights. Just go in the sun after using with your hair product, and it will lighten your hair. Be careful, it works well!
Cooking & Food
50. Add Zip to All Things Chocolate. Enhance your chocolate in a gazillion ways: gourmet hot chocolate, mint brownie frosting, peppermint bark, peppermint patties, peppermint brownies, peppermint chocolate Bundt cake, red velvet cupcakes with white chocolate peppermint cream cheese, yum!
51. Brisk, Delightful Confections. Peppermint chiffon cake, homemade candy canes, butter mints, peppermint ice cream, peppermint glaze over pastries and cookies, homemade peppermint patties.
52. Unforgettable Beverages. Peppermint water on ice, peppermint mocha, peppermint tea, peppermint hot chocolate, that’s right … it’s all delish.
Body & Mind
53. Wake Up Your Mind. Peppermint oil activates the limbic function in your brain. The limbic function helps control things like emotions and long-term memory and is related to olfactory structures in your nose.
54. An Itch Fix. If you have the after effects of a sunburn where skin is a little warm and itchy, apply a drop of peppermint oil (mixed with lavender) to cool, soothe and stop itching.
55. Theme Park Relief. If you’ve got that “I my gosh, I can’t believe I just went on a spinning ride” feeling, four or five drops of peppermint rubbed on the stomach can calm smooth stomach muscles and help dispel discomfort.
56. Travel to the Arctic, Without Traveling. When you add a few drops of peppermint to your ice water, it not only improves the taste, but also leaves you with a feeling of cool, refreshing arctic wind in your airways!
58. Don’t Make It Easy on the Critters. Many household bugs do not like peppermint oil — ants, aphids, beetles, plant lice, mice and cockroaches try to steer clear of peppermint. Just add to water in a spray bottle and spray where you think pests grace you with their presence!
59. Clean Naturally. Peppermint oil is a wonderful natural cleaning agent because it has antifungal and antibacterial properties. Spray on countertops and bathroom surfaces, scrub, and enjoy cleaner clean.
Cooking and Food
84.Soften Citrus Flavors. Use in delicate lemon sauces for chicken or fish or in powerful orange marmalades, citrus salads, real lemonade and more!
85. Amazing Marinades and BBQ. Baste chicken or fish on the grill with honey or a garlic and rosemary blend, spread over roasted vegetables, marinade chicken pieces in honey and lavender, yum!
86. Bake Like the Best. Lavender is a nice addition to lavender blueberry banana bread, lemon lavender cookies, baked salmon, lavender sugar cookies, lavender muffins, lavender cakes, oh yeah!
87. Give Your Sugars a Delightful Twist. Use as a substitute for vanilla extract (in creams, custards and sugars), use it in lavender icing, add to honey for extra flavor in tea or toast, and even maple syrup!
Body and Mind
88. The Oatmeal Secret. Fill a baby food jar with oatmeal, and add 5-8 drops of lavender oil. When it’s time to wash your face, add water and it becomes an excellent natural scrub! A little goes a long way.
89. Minor Burns, Major Relief. When you’ve slightly overdone it in the sun, a little lavender oil is helpful in preventing peeling skin. It aids in your skin’s healing without scarring as well!
90. Boo Boo Relief. Lavender has disinfecting properties. It’s great for the skin, and wonderful for relief from cuts and scrapes, especially if the cut or scrape is located wherever it’s difficult to keep covered.
91. Alleviate Feelings of Earaches. You can warm lavender (don’t scald it), mix with olive oil and gently massage around the ears (not in the ears) and near glands in the throat.
92. A Dry Climate Answer. If you suffer from dry, itchy skin, and don’t want to mess around with chemical smelling lotions, add lavender to fractionated coconut oil and comfort will be yours!
93. Horrific Heels & Foot Fatigue. If you’ve been wearing sandals all summer, and your heels look like the Atacama Desert, 6 drops of lavender in a hot foot bath is the answer. Your porous feet will thank you.
94. Neck & Wing Relief. When you have neck and scapula tension, apply lavender with fractionated coconut oil, breathe it in and massage those knots out!
95. A Hood of Wonder. Next time you have a cold or the flu, remember the lavender steam hood. Add 4-6 drops to a bowl of hot water. Place a towel over your head, and inhale the vapor slowly and deeply.
96. A Woodworker’s Friend. Do you work with wood or handle wood?Rather than dig a hole in your finger trying to catch that splinter, add a few drops of lavender, let the splinter swell and slip out.
97. Allergies, Sinuses & Congestion Oh My! Lavender can calm down unruly sinus issues, defiant allergies and other respiratory issues. Just apply on the back of your neck, chest, and between your eyes.
MY TIP ~
For allergies I have used the lemon, lavender, and peppermint oils internally in a gel capsule. I take with a full glass of water, and within 30 minutes my aches, itchiness, and congestion are gone. Lavender is a natural anti-histamine, while peppermint is cooling and a natural decongestant. Lemon, among many other things, is a purifier. They work!
To try doTERRA’s Intro Kit of these three oils:
click here, then
Choose your country,
Click on Begin Shopping,
Click on Product Packages.
Questions? I am here for you. Contact me from the sidebar at right.
Essential Flower Power!
For the complete list of 101 uses click here.
August 20, 2010
Does lemon smell like summer to you? Our lemon essential oil is one of the top three never to be without. Cold pressed to preserve its delicacy and potency from the lemon rinds of Italy, this powerhouse of an oil has a myriad of uses and benefits. You can take it internally, apply topically, and also diffuse, citrus limon covers many needs. It is known as an anticancer, antidepressant, antiseptic, antifungal, antioxidant, antiviral, astringent, invigorating, refreshing, and tonifying oil.
As well, it helps in the formation of white and red blood cells, leukocyte formation (immune system warrior cells), is helpful in treating anemia, asthma, colds, fever, gout, heartburn, intestinal parasites, rheumatism, sore throats and infections, ureter infections, varicose veins, anxiety; is blood pressure regulating, helps ease and clear up cold sores, dissolves cellulite (!), good for debility, digestive problems, energy enhancer; helps alleviate gallstones, is liver and lymphatic system cleansing; beneficial for nervous conditions, respiratory problems, muscular aches and pains, memory improvement… to name but a few of the mighty lemon’s attributes!
It is a general mood enhancing and uplifting oil, is great for cleansing hair, strengthening and hardening nails, and spot removal: chewing gum, oil and grease spots, stuck-on-stuff in cooking pots. You can apply it neat topically, but be careful with direct sun exposure for several hours if you do so.
As a dietary supplement it is GRAS (generally regarded as safe) and a few drops per day in a gel cap can be taken internally. Or you can just add it to a glass of water any time of the day. Very cleansing and refreshing!
July 5, 2010
If there was only one oil I could take with me anywhere it would be lavender. Why?
Because it is all of these: an antiseptic, analgesic, anti-convulsant, anti-depressant, anti-rheumatic, anti-spasmodic, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, bactericide, carminative, cholagogue, cicatrisant, cordial, cytophylactic, decongestant, deodorant, diuretic, emmenagogue, hypotensive, nervine, rubefacient, sedative, sudorific and vulnerary.
That’s a whole lotta uses in one tiny bottle. :)
The various health benefits of lavender essential oil include the following:
General Skin care
Click on this link to find out all of the qualities of this highly therapeutic essential oil.
The link speaks to not ingesting lavender oil. But in truth it is possible to as long as it’s CPTG. Remember, only ingest oils that are CPTG, Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade, such as doTERRA®’s essential oils. Their lavender is safe to take internally.
It is a wonderful anti-histamine as well. I’ve used it in conjunction with peppermint and lemon essential oils for relief from seasonal allergies and it is wondrous. It will also stop a bee sting from swelling, and a blister from forming on a burn — if applied straight away. Trouble sleeping? Put a couple of drops on the soles of your feet and you will soon be relaxed. I’ve even seen it used on the back of a hyper dog’s neck and within a short time she fell asleep. Put a few drops in a spray bottle for a face mist, so lovely — calming and refreshing.
I also mix it with Greek yogurt and wild blueberries for a topping or to add to smoothies. But go easy, one drop to 16 oz is plenty!
May 5, 2010
This post is from my Bird’s Eye View blog, where I share a few of my own experiences using these amazing oils, as well as let people know about the Spring Sign Up Promo, which you can find more about here. A testimonial page is coming soon to this site, but in the meantime here are some of my own!
I’ve been taking the Lifelong Wellness Trio of supplements since last August and have managed to balance out my hormones, improve my level of immunity and energy, and ‘cure’ a bum knee that has been giving me trouble for years. I applied the frankincense to a mole that started to grow and change color and within 10 days it was gone. No trace of it. I use geranium oil on my face daily with coconut oil or avocado oil and my skin does not look like it lives in the high desert…
April 30, 2010
What is this amazing photograph? On the left, a picture of mint leaves. On the right, a magnification of the actual oil sacs (white) on the leaf. A Certified Pure Therapeutic-Grade (CPTG) essential oil of peppermint is a mighty thing!
With over 50 chemical constituents in its arsenal of properties it is used for a whole host of maladies and discomforts including: headache, digestion, circulation, pain relief, fever, allergies, and congestion. And it is absolutely essential for calming hives and edema—severe inflammation of the tissues—as I recently found out when I was covered in them. It is a life saver when the hives and inflammation are covering your neck, threatening to cut off your ability to breathe, as was a recent experience of mine.
One drop in the palm of my hands, soothed onto my neck and windpipe, already covered in a soft carrier oil (coconut, avocado, or emu oil; the best for inflammation) provided relief within 20 minutes.
Factoid: 1 drop of doTerra’s peppermint essential oil is equivalent to 28 cups of peppermint tea. No lie. doTerra’s is sourced from Washington State (just think how cool and soothing it is there) and is the purest I’ve ever used. The oil is steam-distilled from the leaves, stems and flower buds. You can use it topically, take 1-3 drops in a gel capsule, diffuse into the air, or put one drop in a pitcher of water and drink.
April 19, 2010
SPRING PROMOTION! (USA only)
Would you like to improve your general health and soar your senses? Between now and May 31st you can sign up as an Independent Product Consultant (IPC) with doTerra for just $50 and receive a $50 gift certificate to buy oils. This saves you $100, and is essentially a FREE sign up to be able to buy these oils at the wholesale price.
Signing up as an IPC will qualify you for the 25% discount off all of doTerra’s essential wellness products. (If you’re interested, you can also start earning $ when you commit to at least 100 PV per month).PV (personal volume) is generally equal to the dollar amount for most items, i.e. 100 PV = $100.
Don’t have any interest in sharing them and just want to use them for yourself? Take advantage of the Spring Promo anyway!
To sign up now click here, then click on “Continue”. You will be guided through the simple procedure: the $50 option is already selected.
3201: Introductory Packet 3201 US$50
After you Sign Up you can go to your own page on doTerra’s site, which will be here http://mydoterra.com/yourname
Go to the bottom grey bar and click on mydoterra.com. You will be taken to the *Account Sign In page. Here you can browse around the oils to see how you would like to spend your $50 gift certificate once you receive it.
To redeem your certificate (which will be sent in your intro packet), just call doTerra directly at Member Services: 1 800 411 8151
Any orders you want to place after you have redeemed your certificate can be placed through your *doTerra account. If you’d like to set up a monthly Auto Ship you can also do it here.
E-mail me at: firstname.lastname@example.org I’m happy to walk you through the sign up on line, no matter where you are in the world!